Aircom Instrumentation manufactures sampling cylinders
to meet the requirements of Transport of Dangerous Goods directorate
(TDG) for use in transporting liquid and gas samples by road,
rail, marine, or air.
As an ABSA approved facility, we can assist
in the design and manufacture of specialized vessels such as autoclaves,
accumulators (with or without pistons) and high pressure cylinders
for unique applications.
Aircom cylinders meet and/or exceed specification
TC-3ASM as set out in CAN/CSA-B339, ''Cylinders, Spheres, and
Tubes for the Transportation of Dangerous Goods''. Our Stainless
cylinders are suitable for Natural Gas service per CAN/CSA-B340.
Specialized internal coatings of Teflon, Silco
Steel™ or Sulfinert™ as well as exotic alloys of Monel,
Hastelloy, Titanium, or Inconel (Stationary cylinders only) are
also available. Aircom can assist you with the selection of cylinders
and options to suit your specific application.
- Sampling hydrocarbons in refineries and petrochemical
- Gas sampling for chromatography analysis.
- Surge accumulators in high pressure gas systems.
- Chemical reaction vessels.
- High vacuum systems as experimental chambers.
- Transport Canada or Boiler Branch approved
124 Bar (1800 psi) pressure rating as standard, with 206 Bar
(3000 psi) optional for 316/L SS only.
- Low carbon 304/L and 316/L materials of construction
- Smooth internal neck transition prevents
sample entrapment and eases cleaning.
- Available in double or single ended construction.
- Heavy wall thickness.
- NPT threads are flush with the reinforced
ends of the cylinders to prevent thread expansion problems.
- All TC-3ASM 1800 psi (124 bar) SS 75 cc (ml)
up to 1 litre cylinders are proof tested at 3000 psi (206 bar).
- All TC-3ASM 3000 psi (206 bar) SS 75 cc (ml)
up to 1 litre cylinders are proof tested at 5000 psi (345 bar).
- All TC and Boiler Branch SS cylinders greater
than 1 litre are individually volume expansion tested.
- One cylinder from each lot of 200 or less
is burst tested and must burst above 2.25 times service pressure.
- Strict mechanical and chemical tests are
performed on all raw materials prior to manufacturing.
- All mechanical, pressure, burst and chemical
tests are witnessed, documented, and approved by an independent
inspection agency approved by Transport Canada.
Over Pressure Protection
- Depending on the size of cylinder and type
of service, Transport Canada may require a pressure relief device.
Please refer to CAN/CSA-B340, Section 4.3 for further information.